Today, November 27th, we had our last Art Quilt show and tell. We also discussed next year’s direction being four themed quilts with ‘Seasons’ being a popular choice but not compulsory.
Here are the very creative results from our ‘Tea Bag’ Challenge.
How creative is that! Well done everyone.
Art Quilts or Useful Objects Artfully
Choose a background fabric to use in your four art quilts.
*Linen * Vintage Linen * Organza * Handkerchiefs * A Colour * Batiks * Felt * Hand dyed *Hand printed *Other
- Develop one theme over your four art quilts. (A series)
- Use diverse themes to stretch your creativity.( Stand alone)
- Choose one technique to develop over your four art quilts.
- Try four different techniques to build skill.
Remember to use techniques appropriate to your theme/s
Any size that suits your theme/s. Keep manageable.
- First sort out your passion. Think about what would be important for you to express.
- Don’t be afraid of making mistakes during the creative process, these are the things that push your work forward into a more original zone.
Parameters: Things you might like to consider.
- Try to use your stash as much as possible.
- Try to use the tools and materials that you already have in your kit.
- “Mottainai” (Japanese) It indicates the attitude of respect and reverence for things including the concept of reduce, reuse, recycle and repair.
- Think about how you will display your artwork.
Dates: March 20th, May 15th, September 18th, November 20th.
“Inspiration will come but you have to be working.”
Today we had another cloche hat from Penne, a bag from Wilga, some fabric scrapbooking from Elizabeth and a landscape from Liz.
Today we had three nice art quilts and a great discussion. Some of us are still getting organised.